ARCH work in partnership with the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) for Teesside to ensure that recovery from rape and sexual violence is as seamless as possible.
SARC Teesside, is designed to provide a sensitive and dedicated service to anyone who has experienced rape and sexual assault. SARC Teesside is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SARC Teesside available 24/7 on 03333 44 8283
Specially trained staff can explain and discuss all the options. Services include:
- Confidential Advice
- Anonymous report to police or advocacy on your behalf with direct report to police
- Specialist medical examinations
- Specialist forensic examination, including non-intimate samples
- Storage of forensic samples, giving you time to decide on reporting to police
- Support through Police interview
- Risk and need assessment to make sure you are safe
- Referrals to external agencies with the appropriate consent for specialist counselling and therapeutic support
- Arrangements for ongoing support, including referral to the ARCH ISVA service
SARC Teesside will support you regardless of whether or not you want to report to the Police and are committed to ensuring that you receive the support you need, whatever you decide to do.
SARC Teesside follows established safeguarding procedures with regard to the safety and wellbeing of all clients.
Less than seven days ago
If you have experienced rape, sexual assault or other sexual abuse within the past 7 days we recommend contacting SARC Teesside as soon as possible to explore the options available.
You might not have decided whether or not to report to the police yet, but due to the fact that this has happened so recently, there may be time critical services that could be offered while you are making those next step decisions. SARC Teesside will ensure that your physical and sexual health needs are looked after and will not inform the police without your consent.
Rape Crisis England and Wales (RCEW) is the National Umbrella organisation for specialist rape crisis centres. The National Service Standards (NSS) are provide a quality assurance framework that enables services to demonstrate how their services are provided within professional frameworks that prioritise safety, governance, empowerment and continuous improvement.